Thursday, February 22, 2007

Where does the time go?

With the kids' birthdays coming up in March, I was just thinking about how quickly the past 5 years have flown by. My babies have turned into "little people" with their own little personalities and independent streaks. I love that I can simply supervise them with things such as getting dressed, etc. and that I can now ask them to handle little responsibilities around the house. Their independence will certainly be a blessing when baby #3 comes along.

I know there will be rough times ahead with another baby - sleepless nights, crying for no reason (although Megan still does that to us...and a little too frequently, I might add), packing multitudes of items in a diaper bag just to leave the house for an hour, going out for a bite to eat and ending up getting a "to go bag" because one or both of us wasn't able to eat our dinner since we spent the entire time pacing the restaurant with a crying infant, etc. But at the same time, I can't help but miss that sweet smell of an innocent baby that snuggles up and falls asleep on my chest after I nurse them or the way that they smile in their sleep. The difficult times are so easily forgotten when I think back on things like that.

So here's a little trip down memory lane from when my "babies" really were babies...


No comments: