Thursday, June 25, 2009

Relay for Life

I’ve decided to take action and fight back against cancer by participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life® event along with my husband, Mother-in-law and kids. After having participated last year, I can share that it was an eye opening event that will never be forgotten.

Our team is Baker’s Dozen in honor of my Father-in-law who passed away due to a brain tumor two years ago. My husband and I have also had to endure my father and brother as well as my brother-in-law’s step daughter contracting this dreaded disease within the last two years also. All have since been fortunate enough to have been deemed in remission. It is our goal to make sure that through the generosity of others that we can find a cure for this disease.

Please support us in this important cause by making a secure, tax-deductible donation online using the link below if you would like to be a donor.

To donate online now, click here to be taken to William Baker's (my husband) personal page.

Relay For Life® is a life-changing event that brings together more than 3.5 million people worldwide -- 125,000 in New England -- to:

CELEBRATE the lives of those who have battled cancer. The strength of survivors inspires others to continue to fight.
REMEMBER loved ones lost to the disease. At Relay, people who have lost loved ones can find strength and healing among others who have walked in their shoes.
FIGHT BACK. Relayers pledge to take actions that will reduce their cancer risk and bring us closer to the day when cancer is no longer a life-threatening disease.

Whatever you can give will help - it all adds up! We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments: